Grassroots football is all about having fun and learning to love the sport, but keeping our players safe is just as important. That is why we are so pleased that The FA is offering a free course on Safeguarding Awareness for Parents and Carers! The course will take 25-30 minutes and is completely free. How many children will be protected by the adults in their lives having an increased awareness of safeguarding?
From the FA Website:
This course will help you to:
- Know what safeguarding is and that you have a role to play as a parent or carer.
- Understand that children’s football should be centred around the needs and wellbeing of children.
- Increase awareness of the different forms, signs and indicators of abuse, including ‘grooming’ as well as understanding what constitutes poor practice, and how this links to abuse.
- Increase your confidence regarding what safeguards should be in place at a child’s club or football setting, and how to check this.
- Increase your awareness of reporting concerns through recognised channels.
- Increase your awareness of the behaviours that are expected in children’s football environments.